Camp Twitch & Shout 2020
In light of ongoing developments involving coronavirus (COVID-19), with heavy hearts we have made the very difficult decision to cancel Camp Twitch and Shout for the summer of 2020.
By its very nature, camp is meant to bring people together for a shared experience. While our hope was to continue with our programming in person, we would not be serving our mission by compromising the safety of our campers, families, and volunteers. Over the past few weeks, we have been informed of confirmed cases even within our camp community. We are mindful that many external factors are creating an ever-changing environment and we serve a population that gathers from across the country. We want you, our valued Camp Twitch and Shout family, to know that your well-being, safety, and health was the priority of this decision.
Camp Twitch and Shout may be cancelled, but the spirit of camp will continue. We are exploring ways to foster these magical camp moments in a virtual setting. Our passionate and experienced volunteers are working with us to find creative ways to connect with your campers, and it is possible that the parent workshop will occur virtually. More information on these options will be released in the coming weeks.
The result of cancelling camp will have very real financial consequences that could affect the sustainability of Camp Twitch and Shout. In light of this, there is the option to request any of your Active payments to be given as a tax-deductible donation. To those who have already donated their tuition payments, we sincerely thank you.
To begin the refund process and confirm your interest in virtual camp options, please check your email.We plan to refund all payments made through Active. The refund process is estimated to take about 14 days from the time we receive your completed form.
We thank you for your patience, understanding, and continued support during these difficult moments. I know that camp is one of many aspects of life that has been altered by this pandemic. With all of the challenges that COVID-19 has brought, losing camp this summer will be heartbreaking for our campers. Though we will not be at camp together this summer, we will stay connected, and we know that the magic of camp continues through each and every one of you. In that spirit, we hope all of you are showing yourselves kindness, experiencing moments of joy, and finding encouragement within the Camp Twitch and Shout community.
If you have any direct concerns or questions, please contact:
Campers & Families – Mary Grace Davenport
Camp Director of Camper & Family Relations
Volunteers – Megan Kasper
Megan Kasper | Camp Director of Staffing & Logistics
Love is higher than the mountains
Love is deeper than the oceans
Love is wider than the miles between you and me
Love is stronger than a freight train
Love is faster than a jet plane
Love is bigger than the troubles that we’ll ever see
Tuition & Payment Options
To provide our week-long, overnight, inclusive, special needs camp, it costs Camp Twitch & Shout over $900.00 per camper. However we have a sliding scale of tuition options. The tuition options range from $500.00 up to the full tuition of $900.00.
- Applications will be live on February 1st at 9:00 AM
- Camper arrival is on Sunday, July 7th, between 2:00 and 4:00 PM
- Camper departure is on Friday, July 12th, around 11:00 AM
- 17 year old applicants will automatically be enrolled in the “Leaders In Training” or “LIT” program for the week (see below)
Tuition covers all costs during the week of camp. A $50.00 deposit is required for ALL applicants to secure a spot at camp, and payment plans are available for all options when you check-out of registration.
There are several tuition options available at registration:
- Options #1 and #2 will remain open until Camp starts or all Camper slots are filled.
- Option #1: Full Tuition – $900
- This is the actual cost of Camp per Camper. Payment plans are available at check-out of registration.
- Option #2: Subsidized Tuition
- This option is for families who cannot comfortably afford the full tuition cost. Payment plans are available at check-out of registration.
- Options at registration are $500, $600, $700 and $800. You do NOT need to complete a financial need application for these options – all we ask is that you choose your most affordable tuition tier so that we can help as many families as possible with financial assistance.
- We depend entirely on fundraising to help provide these tuition options and scholarships for our families. For example: if you choose the $500 option Camp Twitch & Shout fundraises to pay the $400 balance. If you choose the $700 option Camp Twitch & Shout fundraises to pay the $200 balance.
- Option #3: Scholarship applications are available for those who cannot afford the above tuition options.
- A $50 application fee is required at Registration to apply.
- Scholarships are granted based on financial need and on the amount of funds that we have available.
- A separate application is required at Registration for this option. Partial and full scholarships are available.
- The DEADLINE to apply for Scholarship Assistance is April 1st, 2019.
Leader in Training Program
The Leader In Training (LIT) program is designed for young adults to gain leadership skills, challenge themselves, and eventually feel confident to return to Camp Twitch & Shout as counselors.
The LIT program is available to Tourette Syndrome diagnosed young adults 17 years of age. If you want to learn more about yourself, leadership, and working together with a group of teens who truly want to leave a camp legacy – join us as an LIT.
For Parents & Family
Some parents take a well deserved vacation near Camp while their campers are having the greatest week of their year.
Camp Twitch & Shout also offers many exciting events, educational opportunities, and attractions for parents and family staying near camp for the week. Information on parent and family oriented programs and events will be posted to social media forums and emailed to camper parents.